Author Topic: CD-ROM Not Recognized  (Read 5502 times)

AliveStillKickin

• View Profile
    • Email
CD-ROM Not Recognized
« on: September 16, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »
Recently I uninstalled about 5 games from my computer. I also uninstalled something called "battle.net". I then went into Program Files and saw a folder named "SlySoft" which had been the folder for "Clone CD" before I uninstalled that. I deleted the SlySoft folder and shut off my computer. Upon restart....my CD-ROM would not work. IIwent to "Device Manager...uninstalled the CD-ROM(It DID show up there) and reinstalled it but got the message that the driver for the cd-rom was missing or corrupt. I downloaded a driver for the cd-rom (CyberDrive CW058D CD-R/RW) and tried to install it again. It still would not install. I then went tothe Drive and opened it but got the message: "CD-ROM not found." The driver was for Win XP(my O/S0 ). My computer recognizes the hardware in Device Mgr. but the driver doesn't. Have I messed something up in my MS-DOS? What can I do please.

Samfixers

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CD-ROM Not Recognized
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:19:26 AM »
ARE U AN ENGINEER?,IF U ARE REMOVE THE CD--ROM & FIX IT BACK TIGHTLY.

Underce09

• ICQ Messenger - 283634312
    • MSN Messenger - frowlslogslomr@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - REALNAME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - REALNAME
    • View Profile
CD ROM Not Recognized
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 12:43:47 AM »
I think youre in Safe Mode-that would explain the MS-DOS compatibility mode and the CD Rom not being available.  Restart the computer and after the initial BIOS screen dissapears, press F8 to get the Windows start menu.  See if you can choose #1 Normal or not.

mymnionig

• ICQ Messenger - 382841688
    • AOL Instant Messenger - REALNAME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - REALNAME
    • View Profile
CD ROM Not Recognized
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 03:22:43 AM »
You have to go into the network connections in control panel and configure your connections.  It sounds like your network adapter is not installed either.  When you did your clean install of xp, you have to start over and install everything all over again.

Driving08

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:35:59 PM »
Go to the device manager and then under view click on "show hidden devices". Then look for the CD-Rom devices in the list and expand. If you see several hidden devices make sure you uninstall them plus the actual installation if its there. Then restart your computer. Sometimes this works.

inspired2010

• MSN Messenger - inspired201001@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 03:13:55 AM »
I think it has something to do with the Slysoft program you have just deleted. Slysoft programs installs additional drivers for your CD-ROM/DVD ROM. I suggest to reinstall the Slysoft program then uninstall it from the add/remove programs under control panel, do not just simply delete folders under program files.