Author Topic: Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-851S for Vista  (Read 11501 times)

cjayjones

• View Profile
Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-851S for Vista
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »
Hi,  I've been looking all over for the Vista driver for the Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-851S with no luck.  can anyone here help with this?

TheGhost

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-851S for Vista
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »
Hi

You do not need to install the driver for the DVD-RAM manually. Once the DVD-RAM is installed on the computer, Windows Vista will automatically detect it.

I suggest removing the all third-party burning software such as Nero and Roxio first. If the issue still occurs, letís try the following steps to reinstall the DVD-RAM:

1.    Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
2.    Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.
3.    Right-click the DVD-RAM and click Uninstall.
4.    Restart the computer.

Let us know if you succeeded.
download-driver.net team

cjayjones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:42:51 PM »
I tried that before I ever posted my request on this site.  and I deleted filters.  and I tried an external drive (that works).  this drive reads DVDs, no problem.  But won't read CDs unless I boot from the CD, then it reads it fine.  so the problem is the drive and Vista combination.  And since it used to work before I had to restore the harddrive with the HP installation recovery disks, then it pretty much has to be the driver.  But HP is being no help.  So, I'm still looking for the driver for Vista for this drive.

william

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 04:56:55 PM »
I think you should buy another drive, it is relatevely cheap, you wait if you are not in a hurry fixing this.

william

cjayjones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 09:01:01 PM »
Actually, I just solved this problem in another way.  I downloaded the Release Candidate of Windows 7, uninstalled the driver and rebooted.  Windows 7 seems to be a lot smarter.  I now can read CDs and DVDs.  So, I preordered the Windows 7 release.  At $49, it's even cheaper than a new DVD burner. ;D

TheGhost

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 04:30:33 AM »
Yes, Windows 7 has amazing driver library, it recognizes almost everything.
download-driver.net team

kajaren

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 10:36:30 PM »
Actually, I just solved this problem in another way.  I downloaded the Release Candidate of Windows 7, uninstalled the driver and rebooted.  Windows 7 seems to be a lot smarter.  I now can read CDs and DVDs.  So, I preordered the Windows 7 release.  At $49, it's even cheaper than a new DVD burner. ;D

thankyou