Author Topic: Vista Driver for Canon EOS Rebel  (Read 8450 times)

marant

• View Profile
Vista Driver for Canon EOS Rebel
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:16:32 PM »
I have been unable to find a driver for my Canon EOS Rebel camera without subscribing to a driver service.  Can anyone help me find one, possibly at Canon, since I have not been successful.

Thanks

Mike

marant

• View Profile
Re: Vista Driver for Canon EOS Rebel
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:17:57 PM »
UPDATE:  Another hour spent looking for a driver reveals that Canon does not have one.  I have not been able to get through to Microsoft so see if they have done anything.  Do third parties ever create drivers?

marant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:37:31 PM »
Update #2:  A SOLUTION!!

After a lot of seeking I finally found an 800 number to Canon USA support which helped a lot.  The reason there is no Canon driver for the 300d is that it is included in Vista, a fact no one else bothered to mention.  With some work with the very helpful support folks we were able to determine that the reason Vista did not work is that a change needed to be made to the camera itself.  Just went to menu, then to the last 'tools' screen.  about the 3rd choice down was changed ( I do not remember what the change was, but there are only two choices, try them til it works.  When I then tried to download from the camera to the computer it worked fine.  Hopes this helps.

crazytyme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 08:28:56 AM »
 :-[    hey that 800 # could i get that from you? im having canon problems too.office printer not a camera

tattoo666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 03:27:29 AM »
I'm not sure if you ever got it figured out but I gave up on it a couple years ago. It was too much trouble trying to get everything off the camera with Vista and XP. I just started using an external card reader. I can use it with any of my systems (Vista, XP or Windows 7) and just use windows to get the pic's off the card. Unfortunately with the push for windows 7 coming up, if you don't have it for Vista now it will get harder to get it.

johnlyttle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 06:44:07 AM »
Update #2:  A SOLUTION!!

After a lot of seeking I finally found an 800 number to Canon USA support which helped a lot.  The reason there is no Canon driver for the 300d is that it is included in Vista, a fact no one else bothered to mention.  With some work with the very helpful support folks we were able to determine that the reason Vista did not work is that a change needed to be made to the camera itself.  Just went to menu, then to the last 'tools' screen.  about the 3rd choice down was changed ( I do not remember what the change was, but there are only two choices, try them til it works.  When I then tried to download from the camera to the computer it worked fine.  Hopes this helps.

Could I say the advice you gave was terrific. I have spent four hours trying to download my driver for my Canon 300D and was about to throw the computer out the window. Your helpful advice did it in 25 seconds. Great . All power to the Website.  John

OneTimeOnly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 09:39:44 PM »
That solution was perfect - changing the setting on the camera.  You would think that Canon would put something on their driver download site other than "No drivers available" for Windows Vista.  You saved me a lot of hassle.